Thursday, March 5, 2009

The New Kindle App: Good Start, but Where’s the Downloading? - Gadgetwise Blog - NYTimes.com

I downloaded the new Kindle app to the iPhone and signed in to my Amazon.com account. Within seconds, my Kindle app was loaded with the content I had previously purchased from Amazon via Whispersync, a wireless feature that also lets you read a book on more than one device.

When I selected “Revolutionary Road” on the iPhone, it took me to where I left off on the Kindle 2: location 2408-2414 (really, Amazon, are page numbers all that difficult?). The app lets you bookmark pages and view annotations you’d previously made on the Kindle, but you can’t add any new notes from the iPhone.
The New Kindle App: Good Start, but Where’s the Downloading? - Gadgetwise Blog - NYTimes.com

No comments: